Thursday, May 26, 2011

Thursday, May 26, 2011 (Winchester, Mass., USA)

GO TO ASIA AND FALL IN LOVE AGAIN..... WITH..... PRINGLES: Upon reflection, I've wondered about the things that surprised me during the four months in Asia. One thing definitely stood out. The Pringles Proliferation. They are sold in all the usual places (e.g., 7-Eleven stores) and in some unusual places (such as on the floating convenience stores in Halong Bay, Vietnam (above and right, with helpful arrows pointing to the Pringles cannisters).
These were a bit of a blast from the past. They came out when I was in high school. I liked them immediately, but since then we kind of drifted apart. Didn't see each other often. Really wasn't much chemistry. Then I went to Asia and BLAM. The feeling is back.
There's plenty of information on the Wikipedia entry.
There's a Facebook page for Pringles Asia.
There are plenty of flavors, including "soft shell crab" flavor. And there are some Pringles collectibles out there.
They travel well and last forever.
I will eat some in the U.S.A., especially if I can find some of that Seaweed-flavored Pringles.

No comments:

Post a Comment